Friday 31 August 2012

My Slutwalk Fail


This is a photo of my very sad face

The reason my face is very sad is because I missed out on Slutwalk by about half an hour. I thought I was being super extra organised by asking to leave work an hour before Slutwalk was advertised to finish. Excitedly, I sprinted out of work at 1pm on the dot, rushing down George in desperate search of the Slutwalk ralliers. All was in vain; they had finished and packed up by 12:30. This is the second time in a row that I have missed Slutwalk. How can I call myself a proper feminist now???

On a slightly more positive note, I have a piece in the pipeline about rape myths; it was meant to accompany an account of all the awesomeness that went down at the rally, but alas...None the less, I'll make a few tweaks and the piece will be up on my blog in no time! If I can't support Slutwalk in person, I will damn well make sure I support it with my words!

2 comments:

  1. Aww sad. We would have loved for you to have been there. One of our speakers couldn't make it so the rally finished early. I wish we had been able to let you know about the afterparty so you were able to come to that instead. Thanks for all your supportive words.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luckily I did get to make it along to the after-party after writing this post, it was great fun! Saw your band play, you were all awesome!

      Delete